Cursillo Movement is not an organization, but uses certain organizational
elements in order to function and to achieve its purpose. The purpose or
goal of the Cursillo Movement is to Christianize Environments. In order to
have this effect on environments, the Cursillo strives to provide
understanding and conviction to individuals about what is necessary for
being a Christian, and to strengthen individuals so they may live out that
conviction, supported by a Christian Community.
interim-Secretariat approved a Diocesan Pastoral Plan in November, 2005,
which was presented to the Bishop and approved December 2005. The current
plan was approved by this Secretariat August 7, 2008. The
plan can be downloaded via PDF or Word file and in the future viewed on
members of the Secretariat are required to adhere to the guidelines of the
Metuchen Cursillo Movement and the Articles of Service.
In addition, they are required to sign the following pledge:
understand and agree to the following:
1. The Metuchen Cursillo Movement is a member of, and participates in the
Regional and National Cursillo organizations,
2. To follow Regional and National guidelines of operation,
3. That the Metuchen Cursillo Movement operates within
the Diocese having members from
different parishes across the Diocese,
4. That the Lay Director of the Cursillo Movement is appointed by the Bishop of
Metuchen and follows the guidance of the Spiritual Director of the Metuchen
5. To be supportive of the Lay Director of the Metuchen Cursillo Movement.